This listing is to have your fingering or DK weight STASH yarn cranked into a tube. If you are placing an order and would like it cranked into a tube before your order is shipped, please see this listing. (excludes slub yarn, single ply yarn, and sock blanks)
PLEASE READ before purchasing this service:
You will receive a long tube of yarn that begins and ends with waste yarn. You can turn your tube into a variety of items, the most common item being a pair of socks.
Price listed is per 50g or 100g skein. If you’d like more than one skein cranked, please purchase accordingly.
Once you’ve completed the ordering process, you will receive an email with details as to where you will need to ship your yarn and other important information. Please make sure your email is correct when checking out.
OTHER things to note before purchasing this service:
- tubes are cranked on an Erlbacher Gearhart Speedster with a 48st (for DK) and 64 st (for fingering) cylinder, tube circumference is approximately 7-8", I generally try to keep them as close to 7" as I can, but heavy/thick yarn will create a wider tube.
- cranking service is ONLY available for fingering and DK weight skeins of yarn, excluding slub yarn, single ply yarn, and sock blanks.
- your tubes will be returned to you in 7-15 BUSINESS days AFTER it has been received.
- if you are sending more than one skein of yarn, you will receive one long tube of yarn with each skein of yarn separated by waste yarn.
- some color pooling may occur, we have no control over this.
- if you purchase a 50g skein and send a 100g skein, we will only crank 50g and send the remaining yarn back in cake form.
- sending two 50g skeins DOES NOT count as a 100g skein, please purchase cranking for two 50g skeins.
- you do not need to cake your yarn beforehand
- the shipping charge you see when you check out is return shipping for your tubes.
instagram: @plankandstella/#plankandstella - please tag your projects, I'd love to see what you've knit up!
please review the shop policies before placing your order